In this two-day course, attendees will gain an understanding of the role of a Scrum Master in a SAFe® enterprise. Unlike traditional Scrum Master training that focuses on the fundamentals of team-level Scrum, the SAFe® Scrum Master course explores the role of the Scrum Master in the context of the entire enterprise, and prepares attendees to successfully plan and execute the Program Increment (PI), the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe® organization. This includes learning the key components of Agile at scale development, how Scrum is facilitated throughout the enterprise, and how to execute Iteration Planning.
Attendees will also discover how to build high performing Agile teams by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to coach those teams to deliver the maximum business value at scale. SAFe® 4.5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification signifies that people are prepared to perform the role of Scrum Master in a SAFe® environment, increasing their value to teams and organizations that are implementing SAFe®.
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® 4.5 Scrum Master (SSM) certification exam:
- Familiarity with Agile concepts and principles
- Awareness of Scrum, Kanban, and eXtreme Programming (XP)
- Working knowledge of software and hardware development processes
- Exam Name: SAFe® 4.5 Scrum Master Exam
- Exam Format: Multiple choice; Multiple select
- Exam Delivery: Web-based (single-browser), closed book, no outside assistance, timed
- Exam Access: Candidates can access the exam within the SAFe® Community Platform upon completion of the SAFe® 4.5 Scrum Master course
- Exam cost – First exam attempt is included as part of the course registration fee if the exam is taken within 30 days of course completion. Each retake attempt costs $50.
- Exam Duration: Once the exam begins, candidates have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam
- Number of Questions: 45
- Passing Score: 33 out of 45 (73%)
- Language – English
- Retake policy – Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 15 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for SEUs under Category C, toward earning or renewing their CSP through Scrum Alliance.